North Shore Medical Center works closely with the Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to any potential novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in our area. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we take every precaution to keep you, your family, our staff and our community safe.
Our COVID SAFE Standard
COVID SAFE standards are built upon deep clinical expertise from previous crises and on-going management of COVID-19, as well as continuous incorporation of CDC, CMS and State recommendations. They are a rigorous combination of infection prevention processes, training, testing, personal protective equipment, and technology. Our COVID SAFE standards includes six components:
- Distinct COVID SAFE and COVID CARE Zones – separate areas with clear signage and protocols
- Rigorous Physician and Staff Protocols – daily screening, universal masking, and access to PPE
- Heightened Sanitization – enhanced cleaning of surfaces and plenty of hand sanitizing stations
- Precautions for Patients and Visitors – provision of face masks, hand sanitizer, and physical distancing
- Enhanced Virtual Access – virtual care, remote monitoring, and connectivity with loved ones
- All outside groups and other events are canceled until further notice.
- Entry into care sites is being limited. Anyone who enters will be screened carefully and requested to sanitize their hands.
- Valet services are currently closed.
Protocols continue to adapt in real-time to follow federal and local health agency guidelines.
As A Community Built on Care, we are here for you when you need us. For more information about novel coronavirus, go to the CDC website.